Ask an expert

31 May 2004

drug addict
dear doc ,my fiancee is a drug addict and i dont know how to help him , he says wants to stop but he has no idea how to , what can i do to help him please
Answer 415 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Blombosch,
If he means what he says about wanting to stop, then it shouldn't be that hard except that he can't do it on his own. Contact SANCA, a national organization working with such problems, and get him checked into a proper program for assessment, detox, and the harder task of staying stopped. He can also ask or advice from his GP, or from any shrink.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20291 votes