Ask an expert

14 Jun 2004

Feeling nervous and excited at the same time
well... i just enroled at INTEC to do my matric over! i feel funny. I want to study law and i cant as i dont have university exemption and being under 23 i need it. So i decided instead of sitting around waiting to be 23 id rather get out there and do the whole thing over. All 6 subjects English afrikaans maths biology geography and history. Can you belive im shaking? Im so terrified im gonna blow it! All my life people have been telling me that all im going to be was a housewife with kids and i guess because of that i have no dreams. Its like im afraid to have dreams cos i know someone is just gonna shoot them down. Im 21 years old and i dont know what i want to be when i "grow up". Well thats not exactly true. I want to be a lawyer but when i said that in the past i just got laughed at! i never thought of myself as being "intellegent" but i never considered myself to be "stupid" either.

Any words of wisdom from anyone?
Answer 3,011 views

01 Jan 0001

Hey, Buffs ! Terrific news ! Congratulations ! A bold and imaginaive move, and, as you say, far better than just sitting round waiting for the calendar to change dates. You're not going to blow it. And even if you did, you'd be better informed, moe up to date, and still able to wait for 23. Being a housewife with kids is no small achievement or easy option, but as you discover, one is open to other activities, too.
Now you're daring to dream. If other people shoot at your dreams, ignore them --- they're probably so afraid of dreaming, themselves, that they don't want you to succeed where they've failed. But don't let yourself be the one who shoots down those dreams. It's so obvious from your postings, that you're far more intelligent than most of the folks one bumps into, and clearly more intelligent than any fool who ever laughed at you. And as the readers messages make clear, you're joining our Forum band of stars !
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.