Ask an expert

10 Oct 2011

Freefalling - need help
Hi there,

I feel like I''ve been freefalling lately.
My husband''s business went down and he seems paralysed to do anything for the moment. We have to move house (as we need the money to pay debts) and my husband wants to move regions completely as he feels stifled here.
I''m trying to stay positive, but I have so many doubts and fears, which I''m passing on to my two little girls. I feel terrible for them moving schools and tearing them away from their friends. I know they''ll look to me for strength and encouragement, but I just don''t know where to find the strength anymore. I would like to go and talk to someone, but I also don''t know where to find the money. Could you advice someone or someplace that I could turn to?

Answer 237 views

01 Jan 0001

Movng regions might be a bad idea, as it removes you from friends, family, support systems and business contacts, and could worsen the situation. And relocation usually costs more money, and unless there's a genuin and definite job prospect there, it could be still harder to find work somewhere new.
As Ann says, you can start by calling Lifeline, and they may also be able to help you locate further affordable or free counselling, maybe at a reachable state hospital or medical school.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9439 votes
68% - 20032 votes