Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
20 Sep 2011
Getting over it
I have been with my fiance for the last four years we broke it up last year because of me cheating. we had problems in the past with him getting very aggressive with me. but never hitting me. we recently decided to try make it work because we really do love one another. and the other night we were both drinking and got into a fight. where he grabbed me around my neck and dragged me to the car. i know i sound naive saying he didnt mean it. he said sorry and wont do it again.... my thing is, since then i am feeling extremly emotional and sad... and i dont know why... please if u can help me...
Was his aggression related to you cheating on him ? If there have been serious problems before the brak-up, wouldn't it be wise, if you really want to get together again, to see a couples counsellor and work on the issues that previously caused conflict ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Vaccine side effects are not uncommon - so, with J&J's jab: What are they, who gets them, and why?
- Experts don't expect J&J vaccine rollout to be paused for long - but suspension the right move
- Jail me, Zuma dares ConCourt as chief justice plays politics in JSC interviews
- ANC dismissed first Gupta allegations because its 'analysis' found newspapers were racist - Mantashe
- Not having access to mental health treatment a violation of human rights - expert
- Mpumelelo Mkhabela | Attacks on our constitutional democracy: 4 strategies that are being used
- ANALYSIS | SA Rugby's very real financial concerns ahead of 2021 international season
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19941 votes