Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
14 Apr 2004
I would really like to learn about other methods of healing such as indian head massage, spiritual healing & reiki. Unfortunately I can't seem to find any institution that offers these as courses with an acclaimed certificate. Are there any or do I have to beg to study under someone who works in this field & hope they'll take me on-and if I do how can I prove that I have studied these methods without a certificate? I have a Matric-in fact I passed in the top ten. I was studying psychology but I had to drop out due to lack of funds. I have been working for 2 years now & have enough money to complete it but like I said I'd really like to learn those other methods of healing too. Can anyone out there help me?
Let's see if anyone knows specifically about this. My impression is that these are not officially recognized or formalized methods / procedures, and that there are therefore no formal training programmes ( such courses cannot be "accredited" --- because who would accredit them ? Be very cautious about not being ripped off, as there are plenty of people happy to exploit someone with such interests, and to provide shoddy training at high cost. My impression would be that one would best seek out a recognized and skilled, experienced practitioner in such a field ( someone who has been practising for some time ) and see if some form of apprenticeship is possible.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- Cloth masks can be as effective as surgical masks against Covid-19, new study reports
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- High doses of vitamin D have no effect on severe Covid infection - study
- Moderna’s experimental booster shot protects against variants first discovered in SA and Brazil
- THE ESKOM FILES | La bella vita: The lavish house Eskom exec Hlakudi built with 'bribes'
- 'SA's variant has more mutations' - Prof Karim not overly concerned about India variant
- 'Nothing concrete so far, let's stop' - Zondo to former Free State DG during testimony
- Karyn Maughan | Chief Justice Mogoeng's exit: How will the judiciary be impacted?
- SA's 'global influence' shown in US Covid-19 vaccine IP waiver, Ramaphosa says
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9465 votes
68% - 20208 votes