Ask an expert

22 Oct 2008

i am a little confused, sht. last week i purposefully forgot my father' s birthday...

and he phoned me to complain about it.the thing is i am mad at him...i had recently been told he has a 20 something year old daughter that i never knew about, he did not tell me nada..2001 he goes out to have another affair blame it on my mother..i was bloody confused and i supported him i just did not believe that it would be him. as i grew older i felt guilty for sort of taking his side during the whole saga...oh by the way he impregnanted the new gf as well. so he has about two other kids outside his marriage.

I actually learnt to ignore that and said well tha is his business- lately i am told he is sleeping out again with the mother of his second wife..after all the he put my mother through.

And i feel for my mom, especially because she is not getting any younger and so does he but he goes out to find something new..i wonder what it makes my mother feels like...i am a little older now - I AM 27 and i should actaully leave it alone and say he is my dad and wadawada about being african BUT I AM JUST SO MAD AT HIM AND HE HAS NO IDEA.

I took an oath that i would never do that to my wife but his days i am so bloody paranoid and freaking terrified that what if my wife does it to me?

Like i said i am so confused,
Answer 393 views

01 Jan 0001

You deliberately ignored the birthday, rather than forgot it. Anyhow, your dad sounds like a selfish and irresponsible man, who hardly deserves to expect fond birthday good wishes. Don't you think i's a bit insulting to Africans when people suggest your should ignore such wildly irresponsible and careless ( and uncaring ) behaviour by saying "it's African" --- that was not part of the traditions of any African group or peoples.
If in your confusion you're having some troubles in your own marriage, wouldn't marriage counselling, sooner rather than later, be wise ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.