Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
27 Sep 2011
I need a way to calm down quickly.
Hi, I am having a major problem with a unit in my complex and the Body Corporate, to the extent that I am considering laying a charge of intimidation against the owner of the unit. I am so stressed about the situation and so scared for my animals, I am panicking something terrible. What can I do to calm myself down- I haven’ t eaten since yesterday, I didn’ t sleep well, I have a terrible headache and my left arm is twitching and driving me nuts. Any methods I can try at work to relax?
Eat. You need food in you, whether or not you feel hungry. Low blood suger can be causing or amplifying many of these symptoms. Make sure you have good legal advice on what you ( and they ) can and cannot do. If you can manage to see a psychologist, he/she could coach you in self-relaxation techniques to calm down, which will help to diminish the sense of panic, and help sleep, too. Although I don't recommend their long-term use, sedative tranquillizers of the valium family can help you to feel calmer, and some even dissolve and can be absorbed when placed under the tongue, for more rapid effects. Be cautious that they don't mix well with alcohol, can affect driving, and can make you drowsy when you may need to be moderately alert ; but in modest doses, by taking the edge off the extremes of anxiety, they may help you both to feel better and be more effective
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- OPINION | Change your diet to change your cancer risk
- Lockdowns can reduce the severity of Covid-19 epidemics – and genetic evidence proves it
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- How to actually fix a lost voice, according to science (hint: lemon and honey doesn’t work)
- Killing Kinnear: Secret report reveals infighting contributed to cop's death
- Karyn Maughan | Mogoeng, Malema and the judges: Inside the JSC hearings that shook the judiciary
- New African Bank CEO is 'back to complete the unfinished business of transformation in SA banking'
- 'Julius Malema should be removed from JSC': 6 questions with Casac's Lawson Naidoo
- Ramaphosa on Mantashe cadre deployment comments: 'I will answer at the Zondo Commission'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19971 votes