Ask an expert

14 Sep 2006

I need advice
Good afternoon. I was involved with a guy for almost 5 years. He has serious issues. He is the only child to his mother and therefore gets everything he wants. However she is working overseas and sends him money every month (he is for obvious reasons unemployed) I have been in a abusive relationship from the 2nd year of our relationship. He has beaten me infront of our 4 year old son too many times. I even landed up in hospital one year for a (supposed accident) gunshot wound which went through both my legs. After I eventually left him and went back home he started using drugs to apparently help him to deal with the whole break up and now is addicted but searching for help. I do not love this man anymore but he does not want to leave us alone. I'm just scared it will become worse. Please help!
Answer 413 views

01 Jan 0001

I didn't grasp the obvious reasons why he is unemployed, except perhaps that, having a sugar mommy, he feels no need to work and is just plain lazy. And on top of all that he is abusive towards you, and in front of your child ? Why on earth would you want to be anywhere near such a despicable man-let ? If this situation is genuinely as you describe it, call POWa for speciic advice on protecting yourself and your child, get a court order forbidding him from ever approaching either of you or he goes to jail, and explore whether you can lay charges against him for any of the previous incidents.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20283 votes