Ask an expert

21 Apr 2004

I think my weight is controlling me!!!!!!!!
I think I have a serious problem. I have an issue with my weight. I weigh 57kg and I am 1.72 but now it's an obsession to lose weight! I'm tyrid all the time, I don't eat at all, not even a apple - what should I do.
Answer 364 views

01 Jan 0001

Leeza, sadly, the answer is awfully easy and obvious. You have an Eating Disorder, and need urgent professional and expert help. The obsession with weight loss, not eating, and physical symptoms caused by it, is a potentially serious problem, and better to get free of as soon as posible. Discuss this with your parents, and arrange to see a psychiatrist, preferably at a teaching hospital or other centre with some special interest in Eating Disorders, for assessment and advice.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.