Ask an expert

30 Apr 2004

I'm not talking to my fiance
I placed my posting on Tuesady about finding a condom in our house while we do not use condoms. He denied any knowledge of it and since we are the only 2 people staying in that house -it is clear that it's his.I'm angry because he denies it even though all odds are against him. I decided not to talk to him since Tuesday morning when I had the "condom revelation".I only speak to him if I really have to.Even at home when I'm back from work we'll sit there watching TV and when I feel it's getting too much , I'll go and play with our 2 year daughter leaving him alone in the lounge.I hate this arrangement but I want him to confess first , I just dont want to start talking again and he'll think everything is back to normal . We need to sort this issue out first . I dont call him at work as I usually did, or just call to check up on him,I'm just quite. I feel sorry for him , I can see this is really eating him up and he'll try to start a conversation and I'll just answer in one sentence and that's all . I want him to tell me the truth and stop denying it. I've known him to be someone who likes issues resolved , even if we had a disagreement, he'll insist that we talk about it until we are both satisfied that it is resolved.He has'nt offered that this time around and also when I brought up the topic he said he's getting sick and tired of the condom story. I want us to talk about it .I dont know if thing tactic of silent treatment will work on not.
Answer 400 views

01 Jan 0001

Well, Orie, you're putting him under pressure, and maybe it will push him towards at least being more frank, as een if he has a convincing and innocent explanation, he hasn't provided it yet. Who knows if the tactic will work, you can only try it and see. You imply that because he usually wants to talk through and settle all other issues that arise, the fact that he's still avoiding this one, rouses your suspicions.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.