Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
29 Aug 2007
My husband had an affair about 6 years ago - we managed to get through that difficult period and are still together, I know over the years he has still had contact with the woman but he has not been unfaithful. A month ago I found out that she had moved house and he visited her there. He had sex with her - how do I know? I found secretion marks in his underwear. I dont know whether I should broach the subject or rather wait and see what is going on. Any suggestions? I am really unsure on how to cope with this one.
He was foolish to maintain any sort of contact with a woman he had an affair with --- that was asking for trouble. And there was no possible good and wholesome reason for him visiting her ever again. I don't see what you would gain from waiting. A fierce confrontation would not be adviseable, simply because it would reduce your chances of finding out what is going on and of finding a sensible solution. But wouldn't it be best to confront him calmly and make it clear that you are aware that soemthing further is happening, and that this issue must be settled permanently. Suggest marriage counselling to work through this with a neutral expert, and improve the chances of a good resolution, whatever that might be.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Ditch the itch – using bacteria to combat eczema flareups
- Why do lungs ‘wheeze’? Scientists tried to find out
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- Breast cancer: Is milk a risk factor?
- An obsession with ‘likes’ on social media akin to animals seeking food rewards, new study reports
- What we know about the charges against former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste
- The big picture | ‘The loss of humanity’: South Africa and the Global South’s battle for Covid-19 vaccine justice
- Karyn Maughan | How the WC Judge President has faced 10 major scandals, without any sanction
- Mark Gevisser | Covid-19: One year on, and a deepening inequality
- REFLECTION | Covid-19: How the basic education dept weathered the Covid-19 storm
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19408 votes