Ask an expert

06 Sep 2007

Is it time to call it quits
We have been together for 2 tumultous years, things got better then it got worse than before. We live together and have a daughter. Friday night was the worst got into a heated argument and we said a lot of things that hurt. I ended leaving with my daughter and came back on Sunday. Before he asked me to mayy him, Friday he said that he would never marry me.We haven't spoken to each other since then. We sleep in different beds in the same house. We dont even greet, I suggested counselling he said that he is not interested. Yesterday I could not control the tears and ended up in my car crying my eyes out, I wrote him a letter about what happened and wanting to know the way forward. He read it and threw it in the bin. That showed me that he wasnt interested. I know that I have to leave his house and is in the process of trying to find a place to stay, my head is telling me leave and make a clean break, my heart tells me that I still love him, but when is all the heartache going stop. If we cannot let go of the past how can we work on the future. I told him in the letter that we should both grow up and try and be civil for the sake of our daughter even if its not in a relationship anymore, but I still havent received any reply. Do i just leave without saying anything, i tried to put my pride in my pocket by writing the letter but he hasnt met me halfway. Is it time to call this relationship quits, leave all questions unanswered and somehow try to rebuild my life knowing that the man I love has moved on.....
Answer 365 views

01 Jan 0001

We can't tell you what to do. Maybe, as Babe suggests, it would be best to move out for a while, with your daughter, and leave him some time to digest and think about what has happened. And be very cautious about moving back unless it is after sharing relationship counselling together so as to have at least the best chance of working things out. If he refuses that, he is not going to change or allow matters to improve
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.