Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
05 May 2004
IS MY MARRIAGE A LOSING STREET
I am 25 and married with one daugther of two. I am not happy, because my husband and I dont talk, dont have regular intercourse and dont really like each other anymore. I say this because we never phone each other, never spend quality time together, and quite frankly I dont know if I want to anymore. Our foundation of our marriage is non-existent, he leaves the rearing of our daughter up to me. He only worries about how much money I bring in as I am the higher earning partner. He is always carrying on about threesomes and massages and how he would love me to be with other woman - I find the idea of it revolting and cant believe his little "jokes" - they upset me and still he carries on. We dont communicate - I am an attractive woman - I dont even think he sees it.
I can understand why you feel "Tired" of what sounds like a burned-out mariage. Marriage counselling might well help, but from the sound of it He woul;dn't be keen on participating. The chat of threesomes and massages sounds like he is sexually fading out, and imagining that something more saucy might turn him on, which is rather sad. But the two of you do sound rather young to be reaching a sate of marriage some others hit in their 40's.
Anyone else have ideas here ?
Anyone else have ideas here ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- WATCH | How face masks protect you against Covid-19
- Covid-19: is obesity really more of a risk factor for men than women?
- Some Covid-19 'long-haulers' showing signs of fatigue, mood disorders three months after infection
- THE ESKOM FILES | Money for jam: StefStocks, Basil Read accused of fleecing millions from Kusile 'scheme'
- Unfriendly fire: Top cop Khehla Sitole, fired Crime Intelligence boss Peter Jacobs trade blame over Kinnear murder
- Is R2.7 billion for SAA subsidiaries enough or will taxpayers have to cough up more, parly asks
- Covid-19: Mkhize cracks whip ahead of Phase 2 vaccinations
- Spike in carjackings, home robberies evident citizens not safe in their most personal spaces
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20299 votes