Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
16 Apr 2004
LIAR - BUT REVERSE
OUCH!! My problem BUT in reverse - my partner tells lies! Sometimes I cannot believe what I find out - is it harmless (as he claims when confronted) or what? I feel that I cannot trust him as I don't know when he's lying to me (he claims he doesn't lie to me)....I don't know what to do? Feeling sorry for him as he may be lacking self esteem (hence some of the lies) won't help our relationship in the long run. Oh, I wish I knew what to do to help us both!
Lies are very rarely harmless, and only a practised liar would try to persuade you to believe that lying doesn't matter. How can you trust anyone if you never know if they are telling the truth ? So what if he has low self-esteem --- if that's not just another lie, then he needs to see a counsellor and sort that out --- not just expect you to acept his flawed way of relating to you.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- Obesity linked to increased in-hospital mortality in Covid-19 patients, especially men
- Mounting evidence suggests Covid-19 vaccines do reduce transmission. How does this work?
- Covid-19: Move to a stricter lockdown level, experts warn as third wave looms
- Witnesses out to get me, Lucky Montana tells Zondo about his properties
- Humble rooibos is now a superfood, and SA could be cashing in
- Ofentse Mokwena | Recommendations to fix the transport industry are too little, too late
- Who is Prince Misuzulu?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9470 votes
68% - 20263 votes