Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
30 Aug 2007
Love him from a distance
My first day at a new job in 2003 i met a man that i fell in love with. He was married and i was in a long term relationship and so we were just collegues. I have since left that company and only chat to him on the phone every now and then - yet i still have such strong feelings for him. It is this deep caring and love that i feel. I am now engaged to be married in a few weeks and he has since been through a divorce and is in a new relationship. In the past he has said subtle things that have made me wonder if maybe he felt the same way about me. I dont want to interfere in his relationship and i dont want to jeopardise mine - i am very happy and love my fiance wholly - but this man is still in my heart. I have thought that maybe i should email him to just ask him if he had / has feelings for me too and get some closure. I dont know if that is the right thing to do though. Should i just continue to love him from a distance??
We've been through just this issue so many times. He's married, so nomatter how he might be thinking of you ( and your thoughts on this are surely coloured by wishful thinking ) you KNOW that you should not aim at a relationship with him, which would hurt innocent other people. Google for info mon the technique of Thought Stopping, and try it. No, don't continue to love him at a distance --- stop loving him altogether and concentrate on your own life and your real, rather than fantasy relationship
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Phone call anxiety: Why so many of us have it, and how to get over it
- Having trouble sleeping? Here’s the science on 3 traditional bedtime remedies
- Covid: A distorted sense of smell is dangerous but treatable
- High Court judge caught up in maintenance tug of war between ex-husband and daughter
- INTERVIEW | Branches or not, we are SA's largest digital bank and we are not done - Capitec CEO
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19431 votes