Ask an expert

11 Jun 2004

Male 2 Female
How can I get contact numbers of Therapests who deal with Male to Female conversions who are based in JHB.

Answer 360 views

01 Jan 0001

Unknown, the answer to that question is unknown to me, too. I doubt that there are many, mainly because the issue doesn't arise very often. Two approaches occur to me. One would be to contact any significant gay support / advice / comunity organizations in Joburg, as they or their members might know of and be able to recommend such therapists ; and th8is is probably the best bet ( other than trawling through the shrinks in the phone book and asking their receptionists ). Another would be if you heard of a surgeon specializing in such work ( I haven't met one ) to ask HIS receptionist what shrinks he would usually work with or refer people to.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.