Ask an expert

17 Feb 2010

Man behaving badly
I need your assistance I need addressess where I can go and have a make-over I want to be changed completely. From head to toe, I always dont feel fine my husband once called me a gogo and on a valentine day he went to a wedding only told me on Saturday and you can sense when a person does not want to go with you. He said its his colleagues wedding and only man were invited I told him nevermind I am a gogo he needs to go with his types, and guess what he came late and wanted to go with me I didnt want to go with him I will make sure that from that day onwards I take myself out on Saturdays and not stay at home cooking for his spoilt kids (step daughters), do I need to do this I know I have grown to look like this because I used to be at a Roman Catholic School where we were told and taught to grow like women you understand, but now I can see he is trying to make me feel like I am not his type, I look like a gogo and all the funny staff. The only thing that he likes me for is cooking and sleeping with me the other things its a no no.

Please advice
Answer 357 views

01 Jan 0001

Men Behaving Badly - wasn't that a rather good British TV series ? Seriously, though, I don't have, and wouldn't give, addresses where you can have a "makeover". TV shows give a very very false impression of how wonderful the effects of such a procedure can be.
The real problem seems to be your lack of self-confidence, which would be much helped by counselling. If your husband has the bad taste to no longer fancy you as much as he should, that's a problem wwithin him, and you shouldn't feel you need to transform yourself just to please him. Would he do the same for you ? I very much doubt it.
No reason for you to cook for his spoiled brats, either.
There's nothing wrong with gogos, and I'm sure you don't yet look like one, either. See a counsellor and boost your self-respect and confidence, and recognize you're pretty darn good exactly as you are, and can improve in whatever ways make you happier, as a project for yourself, not for him.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.