Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
26 Aug 2007
mesed around at work
ws filn position 4 lady got on maternity leave. Did al her work n mine 4 5 mnths. Bos didnt hav any probs wit me. Im been in d comp 4 almst a yr nw. Dis lady jus returnd 4 maternity leave. D bos tok al d work away 4rm me n gav it 2 her. Even stuf i usd 2 do. Wen d bos wnts 2 giv me work he cums in2 d ofice dat she n i share n he tels her 2 tel me dat i mus do dis work. Im sitn rite der 2 feet away n listenin 2 al dis why cnt he cum n tel me directly. He n i hav workd 2getr 4 so many mnths nw al of a suden he cnt talk 2 me. Im in d proces of lukn 4 oda job. Pls advise hw 2 handle dis situation.
I'm with jcat, here --- I do hope the contorted way you wrote this message doesn't represent the way you communicate at work, or this might explain a lot of what you're complaining about ! Seriously, is there an HR person or unit you can discuss this with ? It sounds like bad manners on the part of the boss --- while the other woman was away on maternity leave, did he communicate directly with you in a normal way then ? Why not also discuss this with your colleague, who may know him better than you do, and may be able to help you understand what's going on and what might be the best way to handle it ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Do children and teens need to be vaccinated to get the Covid-19 pandemic under control?
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Scientists find over 100 harmful substances in plastic children’s toys
- Phone call anxiety: Why so many of us have it, and how to get over it
- Prof Shabir Madhi 'mortified' at decision on AstraZeneca vaccine, says it might expire
- Splitting up the pot: Steinhoff offers 5.5% payout to market purchase claimants to settle
- Glencore 'used relationship' with Ramaphosa to 'extort' Eskom, former CEO Brian Molefe claims
- Meet SA's youngest doctor, Thakgalo Thibela, 21
- Karyn Maughan | 'Our hands are tied' - JSC after calls for Hlophe's suspension over Bongo acquittal
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9369 votes
67% - 19367 votes