Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
17 Dec 2009
MOVING IN AND OUT
For the past 2 years I am involved with this man (55years) who says he cares about me a lot but I have moved out of his house almost 20 times!!!! He chases me away because he thinks I am having affairs. When we are arguing he usually calls his ex – who once told me that she will always care for him and help him. I believe they are having contact more often than he tells me. He and my children is always arguing – my daughter who is still in school doest want to accept his rules telling him that he is not her father!! He never had children and don’ t know how difficult they can be .When we are having these arguments all my children steps in causing even more trouble and he goes of drinking heavily. He then calls me at every hour of the day and night calling me names etc. He then also calls his ex … … .. I don’ t know if I want to continue with this relationship and most importantly WHY AM I ACCEPTING THIS ??? I don’ t have a full time job so I only get paid for and when there is work and I don’ t have any savings. Does he still care about his ex? Why is he calling her when we are having trouble? He tells me that the reason he started going out with me (while he was still staying with her ........I KNOW IT WAS WRONG BUT I SARTED LOVING HIM) was because she refused to accompany him to the pubs while I like to have a drink, chatting to friends ,singing karaoke etc. and basically having a lovely time – this is where I met him. Why is he chasing me away even calling the police to have me removed and the next day i beg him or he begs me to forget everything and move back together. I know this is not a healthy situation but i do care about him a lot. He can be very nice if he is not drinking. I also gove him an ultimatum no friends, rallys etc while we are together and he accepts this arrangement it is just that he is very jealous of me and thinking i am having affairs and sleeping around... I need to go and see clients (mostly men) to get work for myself. Your comments will be appreciated.
Why are you so determined to stay in this miserable relationship with someone like him ? Buried in your question, you have the right question why are you accepting this ? End it, and move on - you deserve far, far better than this. And no relationhip a all is far better than this sort of relationship.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Mounting evidence suggests Covid-19 vaccines do reduce transmission. How does this work?
- Long Covid: How rehabilitation programmes may be needed to get patients back on track
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- THE ESKOM FILES | WaBenzi and a house on Jamaican Music Street: Eskom exec's charmed life
- Magashule attempt to suspend Ramaphosa: 'People from other countries were calling' - Duarte
- Atul Gupta says Home Affairs records show no legal reasons for passport denial
- Nolwandle Mthombeni | We'd be a lot better off if social issues were as important as profit
- Talks with investors will reduce Rebosis' debt levels significantly - Sisa Ngebulana
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20283 votes