Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
10 Nov 2008
My 7 year old daughter
wud just like to know, i know this is not the right forum for this, but maybe there is some parents that can help me ,,,, is it normal that my 7 year old daughter is so close with me that she literaly gets sick when im away from her 2 or 3 days, im a single mom and have to work shifts to support her she lives with me during the week and some weekends, but if she is not with me the wkend she gets sick, than she also dnt like the idea of me having another baby, she has a fear like a jealous men that im having another chikls elswhere witch i go and visit, if she finds me waking up in the morning or middle of the night not next to her se is very upset, she wants me to take off at work to spend time with her, she does not aprove of a relationship im having with a man ,,,,, is it normal, and if not what can i do about it.......
There's also a parenting forum which might be helpful for you. Its normal for a kid, especially at various times in her development, to get clingy, but to be physicalluy sick when you are away for short periods is perhaps excessive. Arranging for her to see a child psychologist for assessmetn and advice could be useful. Explore what facilities of this sort might be accessable through your nearest major state clinic or hospital
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- Have introverts really fared better in lockdown?
- Late-night snacks may negatively impact your work performance
- German court still assessing Markus Jooste's likelihood of conviction before main trial starts
- R250m available for Covid-19 vaccine 'no-fault compensation' fund - Mkhize
- Adriaan Basson | The white elephant in the troubled JSC room
- INTERVIEW | New interim SAA CEO wants to make the airline something SA can 'be proud of'
- DearSA gears up for legal tussle with Dlamini-Zuma over compensation scheme
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19986 votes