Ask an expert

27 Jan 2006

My baby! But she has my baby
Help me please. I feel like i want to die. Yesterday my girlfriend left. Then she stole half of my stuff. And the she left for London. She left a letter with a friend that said. Joe i am so sorry. The money i took was because of our baby. I love you so but i love Richard more. He and i are to be married in a month. And will raise the child as our own. Please dont look for me as i will have an abortion if you do.

I dont know what to do my heart has broken. My life feels like sh t. I dont want to live anymore.
Answer 367 views

01 Jan 0001

Joe, it hurts like hel;l, and gradually improves though you won't believe that to be possible, and one day you wake upm and find to your surprise that it's over and you can get on with enjoying the rest of your life. IF she did even half of hat you describe, she is an evil and cruel person, and despite the hurt, you are very well rid of her. If she stole any of your stuff, report it to the police. YOU should live, indeed, as you deserve a life free of this awful woman. and if you allow yourself to continue, with the aid of a counsellor, you can find the happiness you deserve , with a real woman, and not a mutant of this sort.
Once the baby is safely born, you can explore legal procedings to gain custody, and reveal to the court the appalling threat she made. Leep the letter, and make several certified copies of it, stored safely in different places. You may also be able to block the other guy from being allowed to adopt the child.
Obviously much of this is a legal matter, but I'm sure if the British Embassy were dulty infoermed, the brots would not be happy to grant her residency status knowing that she was seeking it solely to avoid extradition for previous criminal activity. And she can't apply for a residency permit without revealing her whereabouts to the authorities.
And it doesn't mater whether or not you were maried, as the biological father you must have some rights.
And I would wonder on the maintenance issue, when a mother effectively kidnaps your child, makes access by you impossible, and lives with another man, she can hardly have the cheek to force you to pay for her expenses.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19326 votes