Ask an expert

21 Sep 2006

my dad
I am worried about my dad. He is 60 and the company that he works for, is making his life hell. I think they want him to resign. He is holding on for dear life, because he doesnt want to start looking for another job. My mom says he has gone into a depression. I feel helpless. I need to find him another job. Any suggestions?
Answer 376 views

01 Jan 0001

He needs to consult a good labour lawyer, the CCMA, and the Dept of Labour. To make work life so unpleasant for someone as to try to force them to resign is called Constructive Dismissal, and is against the law. His job could be protected, and they might have to pay for him to see a good shrink and counsellor to recover from the Depression they caused --- companies are not allowed to behave like that
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.