Ask an expert

10 Jan 2010

my family
iam 34 yrs old guy,i have a little boy aged 4yrs, me and his mother fight time and again for small things and she ends up swearing at me. my mother wont let me be the person i love as theres already someone iam involved with.she took the mother of my child and forces me to marry her, she stays with me in my back room at home, we sleep in the same bed and she knows very well i have someone i trully love not her.i want out, but they are threating to take the boy from me, i love my child and want whats best for him, take him to a best school etc.the boy s mother is not working and i have to support her and my child even though i no longer love her.what can i do.
Answer 298 views

01 Jan 0001

YOu know that such fighting is a sign of an unhappy relationship, such that marriage counselling is surely needed. And you also know that fighting ,ike that in front of the child is bad for the child. I don't understand how any mother can exert the sort of power you describe, unless you simply give up and GIVE her all the power she wants.
So long as there is no evidence of any real harm to the child, they have no right whatever to take any child away from a loving parent
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20302 votes