Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
12 Sep 2006
I am involved with this guy for about 2 months. We are both divorced and have kids. The relationship is doing well, but there is one problem. When he gets stressed or feel upset he shuts me out totaly which makes me feel unwanted and confused. We were friends for a long time before we became a couple and we also consulted with the kids( asking their permission and how they will feel about it). I think I love him and my emotions is in overload at the moment regarding us. His ex cheated on him and ended up marrying the guy, mine also cheated on me and I still feel insecure about myself. When I am with him I am fine, when I am not I start to wonder what is he up to? Is it normal. He is sensitive to my needs and treats me well and the kids like him alot. I do I come accross without sounding needy and pressure. We both want us to work out and we are taking things slowly. ( step by step). I want to explain that he shuts me out and makes me feel that i am something on the side? I think that he is also insecure and scared. O and the sex part, I am still shy to tell him I need him ( you know) etc. We passed that stage and our first time was special. We seriously need to communicate but I am scared and when I am with him I battle to tell him how I feel. It is just his problem of shutting me out?
Relationship counselling, surely ?
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- How quickly do we become unfit?
- Mixing Pfizer and AstraZeneca Covid vaccines increases mild side effects, early results show
- Covid-19 virus a triple threat: Study exposes how it outsmarts the immune system
- Struggling to convince someone who's vaccine-hesitant to get Covid-19 jab? Try this approach
- Phase 2 of SA's ambitious Covid-19 vaccination drive gets underway countrywide
- If Zuma is ready to go on trial, why is he bringing another doomed case against the NPA?
- State capture: Geoff Makhubo denies his influence was bought
- Covid-19: Govt scrambles as third wave looms
- Serjeant at the Bar | The JSC should not claim it can preserve the legitimacy of the judicial system
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20327 votes