Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
12 Sep 2006
NO previous depression
The only problem is she never had previous depression. And after using it a moth it is getting to the point that i know something is wrong. Is there maybe any nice way to say this to her because i'm afraid that she is not going to listen to me ( you probebly know how women will react to thing like this) . i don't want to ask to many questions and be a pane but i don't want to do it wrong. thanx
No previous depresion in no way removes a serious risk of depression with this drug--- Roaccutane is a potent cause of severe, sometimes dangerous, Depression. Period. What I said was that any doctor EVER prescribing it ought to think about that risk, ask about history of depression, and warn about the risk. Otherwise, needless risks would be taken. Get a printout from a web-search confirming this risk, and simply tell her you researchd this drug, and are a bit worried about what you[ve seen about this risk.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Some Covid-19 'long-haulers' showing signs of fatigue, mood disorders three months after infection
- Questions about stability of Covid-19 platform on Day 1 of second phase vaccinations
- THE ESKOM FILES | Coming home to roost: How big business helped fund Eskom exec’s chicken farm
- ANALYSIS | After demanding his trial start, is Zuma finally going to plead to the case against him?
- Adriaan Basson | Tata ma chance, tata ma Covid-19 vaccines
- 'He flooded Cape Flats communities with guns' - anger over former cop's release
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9475 votes
68% - 20308 votes