Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
02 Feb 2006
Normal or full of sh%t..?
My bf craves and gives and excessive amount of attention..it's come to a point where we actually had a fight about it yesterday, the relationship is still new, but this excessive amount of attention it's beginning to affect my normal everyday routine and even my work routine..we both had abusive relationships in the past and realize what we have in each other, but I just cant help thinking that because we / i dont even have time to do the normal things - cleaning, washing..ect (and as i'm a perfectionist this is making me unstable), which leads to things spiraling out of control..am i just being a total ass for fighting to have my time... what can i do to make things right..he's very angry with me at the moment, not one phone call today, not even a sms IN REPLY...
If he is really too demanding of attention, this may make this relationship unpleasant and eventually intolerable for you, and indeed for others too --- he should see a good local CBT-style counsellor and work on this problem. And if you are similarly afflicted, maybe you could benefit from this, too ?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- What the latest findings on the 501Y.V2 Covid variant mean for the development of vaccines
- Ditch the itch – using bacteria to combat eczema flareups
- Why do lungs ‘wheeze’? Scientists tried to find out
- Breast cancer: Is milk a risk factor?
- FACT CHECK | eNCA's Lindsay Dentlinger: We analysed the video that caused racist outcry - and 24 other interviews
- Coronavirus will be with us for some time, Ramaphosa tells traditional leaders
- SAA like trying to unscramble an egg, Denel basically looted, Parliament hears
- Why Bheki Cele believes criminals' rights versus those of their victims must be revisited
- Battle of the 'two chiefs': What we know about the allegations against Eskom's De Ruyter
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19400 votes