Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
18 Nov 2008
This is going to sound weird but I' m scared at night in the daytime its fine although I don' t want to go out unless I have to. My husband says he doesn' t know what up with me but I lock the doors the whole time and he tries to proof something and instract the children to open the door and I' ll insist that he close it. I' ve locked myself in the room last night when he worked later last night I awoke and wanted to call him but were scared so I imagened walking to him just to tell him to come to bed then the next moment his face change to this freaky face. So I stayed and drew all my lims not to go over the edge of the bed as I imagined it would be amputated and then I start praying and I thought its rediculous and swithed on the lights and went to call him. I awoke a few times with pain in my chest but its gone now. Why is this happening? How do I stop imagining things that scares me?
SOunds like a form of phobic anxiety disorder, which fortunately responds well to treatment, with CBT counselling, or some medications, or both. But you need to see a good local psychiatrist soon for a proper examination and assessment, as only with a clear diagnosis can one explore treatment options and work towards clearing this up for you
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: Does exercising really reduce the risk?
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Covid-19: New study to probe whether vaccinated people can still spread the virus
- Life Esidimeni update: Five years later, key officials implicated yet to face disciplinary action
- Why do children fare better than adults when infected with SARS-CoV-2? What latest research says
- Cape Town fire: Did 'heritage' trees and 'ember attacks' outsmart SANParks' fire preparation?
- Gwede Mantashe, Thandi Modise not keen on parliamentary oversight committee on Presidency
- 'I was fulfilling a higher purpose' - Rabbi saves Torah from burning UCT building
- Did Tokyo Sexwale fall for a global conspiracy theory?
- Ralph Mathekga | Madikizela qualification scandal: Rather don't lie
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9436 votes
68% - 20001 votes