Ask an expert

18 Feb 2010

Pastoral Psychologist
CS. Could you point me in the direction of a pastoral psychologist that uses CBT and specialises in marriage counselling? With a couple of years experience. Jhb, East Rand or Pretoria area.
Answer 836 views

01 Jan 0001

I wish I could, but its impossible to keep track of anyone in practice, and what type of work they do and where. The SADAG website and at their phone-number can help as they list a number of shrinks who say they do CBT. As there is no properly organized and recognized training for pastoral counselling or pastoral psychology in SA, I would not recommend a pastoral counsellor as such. FAMSA also can recommend a number of experienced family and marriage counsellors in your area.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20240 votes