Ask an expert

14 Feb 2010

pathertic guy ... part to ...
Hey Doc

I would opt for a group session, I used to see a psychiatrist and all but it was about 7 years ago, he kind of helped me with a lot of issues etc, but I want to hear other peoples stories.

Can you tell me how I would get group sessions in the Vaal triangle ... I feel I can talk for hours, I have all these dreams and aspirations and I struggle meeting my deadlines, e.g. I am about to quit my job and go back to studying again, but I create all these scenarios like how I must feel being with kids 7 years younger than me, and they would be rich because I will be studying at a very expensive college that is reserved usually for the rich kids and I would have to work two jobs just to survive but I have no other choice in order for me to be happy I should follow my dream even if it means barely making enough for a living, its a risk I am willing to take, anyway, the thing I need to figure out is to communicate with people, become more confident etc, I already started losing weight and that will really help me with these issues ... I get so excited over next year I haven' t told my work colleagues but I sometimes joke and say I' ll be doing voluntary work for a organization but I get so excited about all this because it feels right ... But my family feels that I don' t have the right temperament for this career because I am a very quiet introvert etc ... But still, I am not going to give up ... Phew!
Answer 436 views

01 Jan 0001

I can't keep track of who runs properly expert guided group sessions where - maybe FAMSA could advise. But group sessions are for ALL the participants, so it sounds rather ominous when you say you could talk for hours ! That doesn't sound terribly introvert !
IT's wise to anticipate and plan for likely consequencs of changes you are thinking of making, but not to brood about them excessively.
HOpe everything works out for you in the way you are hoping for !
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.