Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
22 Sep 2008
Hi, doc...Do you know if there is any support groups for parents of children with personality dysorder in Pretoria? The one lady in our family has a son (40 yr old) who finished his time in jail a few months ago...He is causing them alot of stres and I wondered what I can do to help....Maybe a support group?
Not that I know of ( I wish there were more support groups of all sorts ). If, as it sounds, this guy has an Antisocial Personaluity Disorder, those are hard to change, but of course the family deserve support. SOme of them seem to sort of "burn out" in their 40's, so its just possible he may become less disruptive in the coming decade. For whatever that small consolation may be worth
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: Does exercising really reduce the risk?
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- Life Esidimeni update: Five years later, key officials implicated yet to face disciplinary action
- Covid-19: The latest science and developments on vaccines
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- 'I was fulfilling a higher purpose' - Rabbi saves Torah from burning UCT building
- Did Tokyo Sexwale fall for a global conspiracy theory?
- Ralph Mathekga | Madikizela qualification scandal: Rather don't lie
- Patty politics: How RocoMamas' tiff with a small business over a name could backfire
- Proteas and T20 World Cup: Time for loyalty, team building has arrived
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 20001 votes