Ask an expert

22 Sep 2008

personality dysorder
Hi, doc...Do you know if there is any support groups for parents of children with personality dysorder in Pretoria? The one lady in our family has a son (40 yr old) who finished his time in jail a few months ago...He is causing them alot of stres and I wondered what I can do to help....Maybe a support group?
Answer 366 views

01 Jan 0001

Not that I know of ( I wish there were more support groups of all sorts ). If, as it sounds, this guy has an Antisocial Personaluity Disorder, those are hard to change, but of course the family deserve support. SOme of them seem to sort of "burn out" in their 40's, so its just possible he may become less disruptive in the coming decade. For whatever that small consolation may be worth
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.