Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
09 Mar 2010
Pls give me some advice
I am a married man, and feel like a total dog. About 5 months ago I started a friendship with a wonderful muslim lady. We chatted and emailed, and suddenly found ourselves having feelings for each other. We fell in love............and I mean completely inlove. She has very strong morals and we have not taken anything further than kissing. I know this is totally wrong, but I find myself not having feelings for my wife anymore. I am hating myself and have to do something......Im lost, I hate myself for being this way......and letting this happen. I dont know what to do.
You are having an affair, with all the usual implications of that. Within the terms of her own religion, your Muslim amour should not have been meeting a married man at all, let alone kissing him ( and in a more fundamentalist community, should not have been meeting ANY man outside of her family without the family's knowledge, approval and an escort ). Part with her, for your sake, her sake, and that of your wife. Then get into mariage counselling to see what can be done to heal your mariage. Or admit to your wife that you have lost track of this marriage, and seek a divorce.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- Cloth masks can be as effective as surgical masks against Covid-19, new study reports
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- Moderna’s experimental booster shot protects against variants first discovered in SA and Brazil
- High doses of vitamin D have no effect on severe Covid infection - study
- THE ESKOM FILES | La bella vita: The lavish house Eskom exec Hlakudi built with 'bribes'
- 'Nothing concrete so far, let's stop' - Zondo to former Free State DG during testimony
- Karyn Maughan | Chief Justice Mogoeng's exit: How will the judiciary be impacted?
- SA's 'global influence' shown in US Covid-19 vaccine IP waiver, Ramaphosa says
- 'There's no turning back': Magashule defiance raises talks of his possible expulsion
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9465 votes
68% - 20207 votes