Ask an expert

15 Nov 2011

re need psychotherapy
hi doc
i have quite a few issues and need a psychiatrist with an interest in psychotherapy. could you help or refer me???
Answer 226 views

01 Jan 0001

As Maia says, its both impossible for me to keep trask of SA's shrinks, let alone check which are worth referring anyone to ; and there are ethical and other problems about my recommending specific ones. And not knowing where you live and work, it'd be impossioble to do so, anyway.
Consider asking FAMSA which is a naional group that keeps track of counsellors and psychotherapists, to recommend some within reach. I have heard some experiences which suggest that the SADAG group, while it's self-help support groups may be useful, might not be utterly reliable in terms of who it might refer one to. But I think their website lists quite a number of therapists around SA with an interest in anxiety and depression
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.