Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
06 Aug 2007
How do you rebuild trust after finding out that your husband had an affair. I still believe in my marraige but this lack of trust is killing me cos i don't believe a word he says to me. He is trying very hard to make it up to me but i am so negative towards everything he does but all this started last year when i couldn't take it of his accusations, he is being like that since i met him, i was not allowed to talk to have a conversation with any guy not even his friend so protective that it ended up driving me crazy. Last draw was when he called me bitch infront of friends then i made it clear with him that i can't live my life with all the accusation so we better go separate way. He will beat me in front of guys and tear my clothes in such a way that i will be left with a bra, then it happened that there was this guy who helped me and offered me his jacket then we started being friends, we started going out then i eventually have a taste of how it is like to be treated like alady with respect after 10yrs in marraige of hell especially when we go outing. i moved out but mu hubby's world felt apart, hecouldn't cope without me oh what a shame... i moved back cos i was not sure if things will work out between me and the new guy so i thought let me forgive my hubby but that wasn't good enough to him it was i had an affair then he started having affairs to revenge me but at the same time saying he understand that whatever happened he is the reason for it so he is sorry and actually confess his selfishness over the past years but again i was reminded of what i did almost every weekend when he is drunk so i suggested counselling oops is something that he doesn't believe in then life continued with misery till i found out about his girlfriend, as he was still accusing me of not putting any effort to our marraige while busy with his mistress till lately he brought present to our house from her then i eventually got vey disturbed then i managed to phone her she told me my hubby promised to marry her,she just need to give him time, he will pick up fights with to make an excuse to be out of the house but the truth came out he said he never meant to hurt me but it's because of what i did, of which i understand but how do i go in rebuilding trust with again.
It may not be possible, but your best chance of rebuilding trust would be within marriage counselling, working together.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Phone call anxiety: Why so many of us have it, and how to get over it
- Having trouble sleeping? Here’s the science on 3 traditional bedtime remedies
- Covid: A distorted sense of smell is dangerous but treatable
- High Court judge caught up in maintenance tug of war between ex-husband and daughter
- INTERVIEW | Branches or not, we are SA's largest digital bank and we are not done - Capitec CEO
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19431 votes