Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
25 Jan 2006
Self-Esteem and Actions
I don't have the highest self-esteem. And I have trouble with eating disorders and depression. Last year when my bf and I broke up I had been having trouble with depression and low-self-esteem, and then the eating disorder came into play. Now, my bf of 7 months is away working out-of-state for 3 months. Once again, my confidence has been low and my emotions running high, and when he left, the eating problems came back. I cheated... (very bad) and now that I've been hanging out with another guy, I'm eating again. What is wrong with me and how can I fix it?
Low self-esteem can well be related to depression and eating disorders. CBT-stlyle counselling does an excellent job of revising low-self-esteem towards more appropriate levels ! And facilitating our coping skills, and getting out of the depressions we get ourselves into. See a good local CBT counsellor now, and be ready to enjoy the return of your bf !
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Scientists find over 100 harmful substances in plastic children’s toys
- Do children and teens need to be vaccinated to get the Covid-19 pandemic under control?
- Some employees hate team bonding activities, so they should be made entirely voluntary, say researchers
- Having trouble sleeping? Here’s the science on 3 traditional bedtime remedies
- Covid-19: Why Solidarity's vaccine procurement plan may not be feasible
- Brian Molefe adamant that Ramaphosa's 'influence' was used to seal dodgy coal deal
- Electoral Bill seeks to protect voters' personal info 'from unreasonable disclosures'
- 'If I get time, I will': Zandile Gumede open to visiting Zuma
- 'Mama, I'm going to play' - final words young boy spoke to his mom before drowning
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9370 votes
67% - 19367 votes