Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
09 Jan 2010
should i or not
hi.my boyfriend has been acting very odd. we went on a nice weekend away last saturday until tuesday.on wednesday he visited me but seemed like visiting me was a chore.didnt see eachother thursday cos he was already back at work that day and we normally see eachother fridays and weekends although we stay 5 minutes away from one another.so anyway he called me at noon to say he has 2 fetch his car after work from servicing and that he' d see me later but then called me again at 7pm 2 say he' s tired and he' d see me today.i was okay with that.this morning he send an sms saying he has to take his dad some place and that he would speak to me later.Its been hours and he has not called or anything.now this is all from a man who calls or sms' s me to say he wnt be coming or if he is late.i do the same.im thinking of leaving him as i hate playing games.but am i overeacting?
Maybe you are ober-reacting, but this can only be clarified by calm discussio between you. I think some people form unrealistic expectations of a real relationship, especially when cellphones and SMS etc are available, and expect almost continual contact and communication. To many people, that feels like smothering and over-control. A health relationship includes comfortable time apart.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Struggling to convince someone who's vaccine-hesitant to get Covid-19 jab? Try this approach
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- PODCAST | HIV unmuted: Aids and the elusive vaccine
- Finding an HIV vaccine: Five lessons from the search for a Covid-19 jab
- How quickly do we become unfit?
- Phase 2 of SA's ambitious Covid-19 vaccination drive gets under way countrywide
- If Zuma is ready to go on trial, why is he bringing another doomed case against the NPA?
- State capture: Geoff Makhubo denies his influence was bought
- OPINION | Berry lekker: How urban foraging is one way to help feed SA's hungry
- Ralph Mathekga | Magashule ties ANC's hands
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20349 votes