Ask an expert

01 Aug 2007

Suicidal thoughts
I have been through hell in my marriage ,went for counselling together.doc put me on Aropax until gradually i withdrew from it and live happily ever after.
until recently things are getting worse an worse T.v took over and thre is no communication between us.
i tried and tried the only thing he tells me is he will change.
he watches T.v until there is nothing interesting and he will wnat ot make love to then i will fast asleep.
there is no romance,just enters me until he is satisfied.
i told him that it felt like a rape and last night he asked me " can i rape you again? will you go to report me?
i told him what this is doing to me and he insisted that it was the answer he was looking for. i'm i in danger with this man
Answer 313 views

01 Jan 0001

Telling you that he will change, without doing anything that could bring about that change, is of course nothing at all. And if he has sex with you when you are asleep or unwilling, that is marital rape. And it's obscene for him to joke about it --- you could indeed report him AND lay criminal charges against him. This is abuse, and you should discuss it with POWA. Discuss with them your options in terms of safely getting away from this man and getting a court order forbidding him from any further contact with you. Don't allow this abuse to make you feel so hopeless --- take care of yourself, and let the abuser find what its like without a resident victim
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.