Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
05 Sep 2011
Teenager - anxious
Hi, I sent a long email regarding my teenage son that is struggling to concentrate at school and that''s struggling to adapt to a new school and is anxious. I suggested some anxiety software program and wanted your opinion/feedback on it. I cannot seem to find this query listed anywhere. Did you receive it at all?
No. Except for some programs that have been properly developed and tested by experts in the UK ( and not generally easily available here ) I would be cautious about relying on a software program for managing anxiety. Maybe as part of a broader treatment plan, but not on its own.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- WATCH | Covid-19 vaccines: Pfizer fast facts
- Is your stuffy nose 'stuffing up' your brain?
- Covid-19 infection indoors: This app can tell you how long it will take to catch the virus
- OPINION | Ivermectin: Why a potential Covid-19 treatment isn’t recommended for use
- Psychologists find a key reason for 'Zoom fatigue' and why women are more susceptible
- Zama Ndlovu | How men with money are ruining politics for the rest of us
- Sifiso Ntombela | SA needs 'inclusive agricultural growth', but what does that mean?
- EXPLAINER | What we know about the day the Coka brothers were killed on an Mpumalanga farm
- INTERVIEW | PSG’s Mouton on executive pay: 'The greatest CEOs, you cannot pay enough'
- Green light for Hlophe participation in Western Cape High Court interviews after Winde agrees to attend
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9438 votes
68% - 20023 votes