Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- ADHD Expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Asthma Expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Cough Expert
- Oral health expert
- Depression expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
- Sex expert
- Sinusitis Expert
- Sleep disorders expert
18 Sep 2007
This stickability thing
CS I have realised this stickability thing I mentioned before is merely a lack of self confidence.....and a "rut" issue
I have made a friend out here in the bundu .... and the other day they invited us for a braai ....I agreed... but later I phoned her sayiing I didnt feel like it and could we cancel ..... she however saw through me like a pane of glass , ignored my pleas for a rain check and told me in no uncertain terms to haul my butt down to her place .... :) later she said to me .." I can see you are the type that has a problem crawling out from your little rock " well I wanted to crawl back under my rock .. I felt a complete idiot I hardly know the woman and she hit the nail on the head .....
Anyhow she told me that she loves my company and that Im like a breath of fresh air ... ???? I was dumbfounded I always felt that people didnt like me much...... then my client phoned me and told me how impressed they were with my work and that I have managed to bond with the "old lady" so well.
CS my client is 84 , she is semi blind and she runs her daughters business using her memory .. this lady is absolutly amazing ... and I so enjoy working with her ,..... she has so much to teach...
So i need to convince myself that It would seem that people do like me .. and my work is of high standard ....
Im a bit of a nitwit arent I ???? :) :)
Anyhow since I have crawled out of my little self dug hole Im having a ball .... I have even started learning to drive ..............
Interesting, I don't think any of us ever doubted that you were likeable, or that your work would be excellent ! Welcome to the world outside of the rock and the hole !
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- 'I've seen the worst of Aids, TB, but nothing compares to Covid' - a community health worker's story
- A woman died not long after getting Covid-19 from transplanted lungs
- Personality traits give clues to why some people live longer
- Some patients experience post-traumatic stress disorder after severe Covid-19
- Covid-19 immunity: New coronavirus variant increases risk of reinfection, says local expert
- The ANC may need to destroy itself to rid SA of state capture, analyst says
- EXPLAINED | Unfit to stand trial insight amid furore over anti-lockdown protester
- Adriaan Basson | The people of Gqeberha deserve more than a new name from the ANC
- More booze, bigger gatherings allowed as South Africa moves to alert Level 1
- Cigarette ban appeal: Ramaphosa has no intention to discipline Dlamini-Zuma
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9364 votes
67% - 19337 votes