Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
27 Jan 2006
Doc, thanks for the input on the book & writing, etc. RE my prob with meds: I made 100 convulex tabs last 2 years by using on & off but in the past months i find that if i dont use at least 300mg per24hrs then i go ape & jus plain wierd. I have been pricing the stuff & the best found is 320 per 100 tab box. I am S scared to use anthing else. in 10 years i have been hospitalised plenty for reactions to the meds (cant remember them all0 some wicked reactions tho. Secondly i keep postponing going to a doc cos I tells meself "I'm OK right now". Now I cant remember if i still have an open script for my meds or even who the doc was. So seems like i'm screwing myself here.
Drugs vary, but for many of them, even though one may get side-effects on lower doses, a low dose may give NO benefits rather than just a lesser effect. And some need to be taken regularly to be helpful, because they need to produce specific ongoing changes, and taken irregularly, they may not be useful at all. When you find a med that works for you, stick to it unless there's a really VERy good reason to change. Sounds like you need to keep really good records of who your docs are, and what they are doing !
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Traditional healers in South Africa are exposed to infection, but few can get protective gear
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Experts want greater transparency about delayed skin reactions some people get from Moderna vaccine
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- Christo Wiese: Don't blame SA prosecutors for slow pace of 'extremely complicated' Steinhoff probe
- INTERVIEW | Branches or not, we are SA's largest digital bank and we are not done - Capitec CEO
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19424 votes