Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
29 Sep 2006
to : Elle and canthinkofaname
H Elle, I read your reply to canthinkofaname and I just started crying when I got to the part about when a child dies! You are so right! I lost my youngest brother 19/09/99 - he was brutually murdered and was only 30 years old! His death hurried my dad to his grave, my mom has still not gotten over his death and your words just hit home! My mom always says that it harder losing a child than losing a husband/partner and I could never understand why she said that until she said the following "A husband/partner you see coming, a child you give birth to" and then it made sense to me! So yes, ctoan, please go for help, don't do this to your parents. My partner's brother committed suicide 5 months, left no note, gave no indication so we are all still trying to figure out what made him do what he did! He was such a happy person and had the everybody problems all of us had, there were so many of us - family and friends - around to talk to but he chose to end it all. It is very hard for the people that are left behind so think of them too.
Sorry for the long mail!
Sorry for the long mail!
You're so right, Charlie. However much of a burden our problems seem to be, we overlook the enormous brden we can create for others by self damage, and the pain is always worst for the people who don't deserve to be hurt by us, and negligable for those who cause us pain
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- OPINION | Pilgrimage in a pandemic: Lessons from Mecca on containing Covid-19
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Some Covid-19 'long-haulers' showing signs of fatigue, mood disorders three months after infection
- 'It was hell' - daughter of KwaSizabantu preacher speaks out about abusive childhood
- ANALYSIS | Cyril Ramaphosa's fight against corruption can't be taken seriously while budgets are cut
- Massive police deployment in Western Cape crime hotspots could be costing SA millions
- Karyn Maughan | Zondo Commission cash crunch puts brakes on state capture prosecutions
- EXPLAINER | Why SAA receivership doesn't need to be solvent
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20294 votes