Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
23 Apr 2004
To the worriers
My massage therapist gave me an idead yesterday after pummeling the weeks worth of tension out of my poor body (very sore) she suggested making a worry box. Write down everything i worry about and to put it in the box only allowing myself 10 minutes a day to think about these things then to close the box up and in doing so stop worrying about the thingsa as soon as the lid is closed. I havent tried it yet but i am going to as im sick of letting my worries ruin my life. I even bite my nails because of it and when my nails cant be bitten anymore i bite the inside of my lip to shreds.
Buns, sounds like an idea worth trying, if you can decide to keep to the discipline of stopping he worrying when the worry time is up ! Also, people often find that while wory creeps up on them during the day ( and when it does, push it away and say --- "NO ! No worrying without an appointment -- wait until my Worry Time !" ) ; but when Worry Time arises, sometimes it can be surprisingly hard to worry deliberately when you decide it's time to do so.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- How quickly do we become unfit?
- Mixing Pfizer and AstraZeneca Covid vaccines increases mild side effects, early results show
- Covid-19 virus a triple threat: Study exposes how it outsmarts the immune system
- Struggling to convince someone who's vaccine-hesitant to get Covid-19 jab? Try this approach
- Phase 2 of SA's ambitious Covid-19 vaccination drive gets underway countrywide
- If Zuma is ready to go on trial, why is he bringing another doomed case against the NPA?
- State capture: Geoff Makhubo denies his influence was bought
- Covid-19: Govt scrambles as third wave looms
- Serjeant at the Bar | The JSC should not claim it can preserve the legitimacy of the judicial system
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20327 votes