Ask an expert

18 Nov 2008

Urgent help please
I need to have the father of my baby sign over all responsiblility and rights to me. He is not fit to be a dad and I don'  t want him involved. I don'  t want him to show up in six years time and want to be involved. Feels like I'  m living with a ticking time bomb. I'  m nearly six months pregnant and he has never been there, I never hear from him, he left me after he found out that I had fallen pregnant. He accused me of not even being pregnant and after a couple of weeks made up horrible stories making it sound as if the baby could be anyone else'  s. I don'  t sleep around. Has anyone had to do this?
Answer 393 views

01 Jan 0001

You need legal advice. Generally a court like a Magistrate's COurt would de ide issues of custody and access, after hearing from both sides. Single mom sounds as though she knows what she's talking about.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9430 votes
68% - 19917 votes