Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
16 Oct 2011
Valdoxan side effect?
Hi doc. Ive been on valdoxan for 2 weeks now and for the last week, Ive had a runny tummy. The package insert says that a side effect is stomach problems, but it doesnt clarify exactly what problems. Could my runny tummy be a side effect of this medication? Thanks.
Valdoxan is an interesting new AD, only recently released in SA. It works on a different chemical system, related to melatonin, and helps to correct our circadian rhythms. It is significantly less likely to cause weight gain or sexual problems as side-effects. Diarrhoea is indeed one of its possible side-effects. Maybe call and ask your doctor for this ? Most drugs the side-effcts are worst in the first 2 weeks, and often then subside, though some persist. I haven't yet seen good information on how Valdoxan diarrhoea behaves in this respect.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- New research shows South Africa’s levy on sugar-sweetened drinks is having an impact
- The common cold might protect you from coronavirus – here’s how
- Have introverts really fared better in lockdown?
- Late-night snacks may negatively impact your work performance
- German court still assessing Markus Jooste's likelihood of conviction before main trial starts
- R250m available for Covid-19 vaccine 'no-fault compensation' fund - Mkhize
- Adriaan Basson | The white elephant in the troubled JSC room
- INTERVIEW | New interim SAA CEO wants to make the airline something SA can 'be proud of'
- DearSA gears up for legal tussle with Dlamini-Zuma over compensation scheme
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19986 votes