Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
06 Feb 2006
I've let many great opportunities slip through my fingers while I was studying - I had the opportunity to make a CD, perform in a television show - etc. etc. etc. etc. People literally fell over there feet to get me into the entertainment industry. At that stage I felt that I was not ready for it or rather - not committed. I thought that these opportunities will knock on my door again - but it didn't. Now I'm happily married with one child - and I can't help but to feel that I've waisted that specific part of my life! How do I get past these feelings? I want to move on but can't help to think what would have happened if I felt different back then.
You were probably right that you were not ready for it then --- so many people in the busines don't really know what they'[re doing, and their offers of CDs, TV shows etc, are either bogus, or would be a bad idea. Issue a CD before your work is of a high enough quality and experience, for instance, and you may spoil your reputation and make it harder to succeed a bit later when you are more ready to succeed. Work, on your own or with a counsellor, to enjoy what you have now ( which you would probably have lost had you followed up the earlier offers ) and think of ways to become again involved in entertainment, as a part-time activity, if that is what you want.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Do children and teens need to be vaccinated to get the Covid-19 pandemic under control?
- Scientists find over 100 harmful substances in plastic children’s toys
- Phone call anxiety: Why so many of us have it, and how to get over it
- Prof Shabir Madhi 'mortified' at decision on AstraZeneca vaccine, says it might expire
- Splitting up the pot: Steinhoff offers 5.5% payout to market purchase claimants to settle
- Glencore 'used relationship' with Ramaphosa to 'extort' Eskom, former CEO Brian Molefe claims
- Meet SA's youngest doctor, Thakgalo Thibela, 21
- Karyn Maughan | 'Our hands are tied' - JSC after calls for Hlophe's suspension over Bongo acquittal
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9369 votes
67% - 19367 votes