Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
16 Jan 2006
When reality hits home....
I don't know if there is many other people out there in their early 30's that have the same feelings as I do. After trying to make a relationship work that has never ever worked for almost a decade. I finally gave up, finally excepted that i could not "make" something work or change a person to be diffirent. The worst is to know that you have to dramatically change your little kids lifes. Knowing that you are causing them pain. I feal so guilty! Trying to meet people at my age, is not easy. It seems if a man has kids you are to be avoided. On the dating sites most ladies are looking for rich men or models. I wonder if an average guy, not rich but not doing badly in his 30's with kids will ever meet a nice woman when getting devirced or seperated... Is there anyone that shres my experiences?
Most people give up far too soon ; some of us give up too late. 10 years is tooo much time to spend in an unhappy relationship that isn't working. And early on, if you are not managing to get things right on your own, a couple should work with a relationship counsellor. Living in an unhappy relationship can be worse for kids than living with a civilized divorce or separation. I wonder if you ever meet nice people on dating sites --- and if you did, whether they could be recognizeable.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- Napping in the afternoon can improve memory and alertness – here’s why
- Baby infected with coronavirus in the womb - new study
- Having trouble sleeping? Here’s the science on 3 traditional bedtime remedies
- Some employees hate team bonding activities, so they should be made entirely voluntary, say researchers
- Trial by social media – the tragic Lindsay Dentlinger story
- Treasury's 'brutal' budget must target spend cuts at SOEs, Cabinet
- BREAKING | Rogue Crime Intelligence cops 'bug' News24 investigative journalist
- Mbalula's comments indicate the ANC is far from united in bid to oust Public Protector
- Siya Khumalo | #LoveIslandSA: Does our legacy allow us to have dating shows?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9380 votes
67% - 19435 votes