Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
16 Feb 2010
which is it?
hi doc.i have been dating this man for almost a year now and i still cant seem to trust him.its obviously ruining the relationship.i always think he is cheating or thinking of it.my ex who was also my 1st boyfriend cheated on me twice and i think maybe that might be why i cant trust my current boyfriend.the thing is how do i now tell the difference between my gut feeling telling me that my man is really cheating and when its just my insecurity and fears getting the better of me.please help me to help myself.
IF you have a bad habit of expecting and suspecting cheating even when there is no really good reason to do so, if in effect you are carying this into a fresh relationship ; then you would benefit from therapy of the CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) format, which is excellent for changing unhelpful negative habits of thought and behaviour.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- Cloth masks can be as effective as surgical masks against Covid-19, new study reports
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- Moderna’s experimental booster shot protects against variants first discovered in SA and Brazil
- No evidence yet that alcohol interferes with Covid-19 vaccines, but go slow on the drinks to be safe
- THE ESKOM FILES | La bella vita: The lavish house Eskom exec Hlakudi built with 'bribes'
- 'Nothing concrete so far, let's stop' - Zondo to former Free State DG during testimony
- Karyn Maughan | Chief Justice Mogoeng's exit: How will the judiciary be impacted?
- SA's 'global influence' shown in US Covid-19 vaccine IP waiver, Ramaphosa says
- 'There's no turning back': Magashule defiance raises talks of his possible expulsion
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9465 votes
68% - 20207 votes