Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
15 Feb 2010
10yr olds breast lump
Hi all, firstly, i did not show her i am worried and left my crying for the shower! So, just to clear that - i will not fall apart in front of her or anyone. The last thing that i need now, is a worried little daughter. Ek is ' n sterk boerevrou. Then, she went for the biopsy. She was amazingly brave. The breast specialist explained to her that he is going to put on some local anaesthetic and then with a needle extract some of the fluids. The specialist said that it looked to him like an abcess that has not cleared with the antibiotics that the docter prescribed. After the extraction, he did mention that he is going to send the fluid off to a lab, to rule out sarcoma. We will have the results in about 1 or 2 days. At this stage, no news is good news. She did however have some bleeding from her nipple, but the specialist said that he is not concerned about that. She also have some bruising, but that was expected. I' ll keep you posted once we get the results. Thank you Dr Bets.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- High doses of vitamin D have no effect on severe Covid infection - study
- Cloth masks can be as effective as surgical masks against Covid-19, new study reports
- Moderna’s experimental booster shot protects against variants first discovered in SA and Brazil
- THE ESKOM FILES | La bella vita: The lavish house Eskom exec Hlakudi built with 'bribes'
- 'SA's variant has more mutations' - Prof Karim not overly concerned about India variant
- 'Nothing concrete so far, let's stop' - Zondo to former Free State DG during testimony
- Karyn Maughan | Chief Justice Mogoeng's exit: How will the judiciary be impacted?
- SA's 'global influence' shown in US Covid-19 vaccine IP waiver, Ramaphosa says
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20212 votes