Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
20 Apr 2018
Is Plumeria (Frangipani) toxic to dogs?
I want to find out about the toxicity of a Plumeria tree. What parts of the tree are poisonous to dogs? What are the symptoms and risks if ingested?
Frangipanis are widespread plants and mildly poisonous, ingesting leaves or flowers can irritate the digestive tract. It’s the sap that’s irritating and a few animals can develop rashes when they get it on their lips and from breaking a branch or leaves. When animals ingest whole flowers they can develop excessive salivation, vomiting, diarrhea. Take your animal to the veterinarian to receive prompt supportive treatment and avoid any complications.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- If SA had rolled out AstraZeneca vaccine, up to 22 000 deaths could have been prevented – Prof Madhi
- Living with long Covid: Brain fog, hair loss, breathing issues – ‘You feel you’re going crazy’
- Massive numbers of new Covid infections, not vaccines, are main driver of new coronavirus variants
- Resistance band workouts are everywhere – but do they work?
- Severe Covid-19 can increase self-attacking antibodies, but vaccination can prevent this - study
- #UnrestSA: Ramaphosa mum on whether ANC were involved in July's unrest
- ANC defends proposed minimal changes to Electoral Act, says the 'timelines are unworkable'
- Top Coronation fund manager quit after inquiry found he profited from 'pricing inefficiency'
- OPINION | Liquor retailers may never recover from unjustified restrictions
- 'Show me the cigs': SARS says importer owes it billions after 30 tons of tobacco 'disappeared'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
30% - 9636 votes
70% - 22543 votes