Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
06 Aug 2007
Morning, we have a 12 week old bullmastiff puppy and are struggling to house train him. We have tried all the tricks in the book including spraying vinegar where he last went to the toilet. He sleeps in our braai room and the sliding door to the garden is left open all night but he still insists on doing his business inside the house. Please can you offer some advice on how we can rectify this problem. Should he not by this age be house trained or does it take longer?
It can take longer. Take him out for a walk last thing at night and reward him for doing his business. Then take him out again very early in the morning. Please take him to a convenient spot or else he may learn to do his ablutions just where he mustn't.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Traditional healers in South Africa are exposed to infection, but few can get protective gear
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- Experts want greater transparency about delayed skin reactions some people get from Moderna vaccine
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Christo Wiese: Don't blame SA prosecutors for slow pace of 'extremely complicated' Steinhoff probe
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
- ‘It was always there’: German envoy Martin Schäfer remembers Shoah survivor Veronica Phillips
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19423 votes