Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
01 Aug 2007
In three minds
My Baby kitty "Neko" (word for cat in Japanese) is now 6 months old and has just bee sterilised. He has been an indoor cat since we got him but even with the thousands of toys that he has he still seems so bored in the house, it breaks my heart to be sitting on the balcony and hear him crying cause he just wants to come out, He has been out on supervised walks as we are on the 1st floor and don't have a garden, I had the unfortunate experience to have my last baby hit by a car so I’m also paranoid of letting him out. However now ever time we open the door he is out like a bullet and I’m finding it very hard to keep him in when we have to leave. The problem I now have is this ... should I let him out in the day (with a collar and name tag), should I just keep him in and hope he gets used to it or should I look for another home for him where he maybe has a garden and more place to play?
This is a difficult one. Is it possible to put a plank from the garden to your patio for him to climb up and down as he pleases? Has he been neutered?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Ditch the itch – using bacteria to combat eczema flareups
- Why do lungs ‘wheeze’? Scientists tried to find out
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- Breast cancer: Is milk a risk factor?
- An obsession with ‘likes’ on social media akin to animals seeking food rewards, new study reports
- What we know about the charges against former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste
- The big picture | ‘The loss of humanity’: South Africa and the Global South’s battle for Covid-19 vaccine justice
- Karyn Maughan | How the WC Judge President has faced 10 major scandals, without any sanction
- Mark Gevisser | Covid-19: One year on, and a deepening inequality
- REFLECTION | Covid-19: How the basic education dept weathered the Covid-19 storm
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9375 votes
67% - 19408 votes